From: Chris Kavanagh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 9:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: A newbie and his first MySQL schema

Dear list,

So I'm having a bit of trouble with my first schema.  I'm sure I'm
missing something idiotic here, but days of learning MySQL and setting
up servers and working in UNIX have kind of fried my brain.  Okay, here
goes:

My project management system includes (among others) two tables:
"people" and "projects".  I want each project to have a list of people
that are authorised to view it.  To my mind, the field ought to look a
bit like this:

--
Authorised list:
        Chris Kavanagh

But fields can't hold multiple values, can they?  And on my schema, it
seems to be a many-to-many relationship between the two tables, and I
heard that they are the work of the Devil and must be shunned.  I'm sure
I need to make a new table or something, but I'm not really sure which
one.  Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance,
CK.