David Ziggy Lubowa wrote:

cheers guys, i have managed to change my excel file into a .csv and done a LOAD DATA INFILE and dumped the data in the mysql db the only problem though that all the data is going into one field in the table yet it is comma separated with the exact columns.

How can i solve this .

- if you're copying the csv file between a Windows and a *NIX box, you might have issues with carriage-return characters. Try running dos2unix against the file to convert it.

- ian