To: "James Sherwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: Cannot complete database transfer

Did you install MySQL on the other box? It sounds like you took a
snapshot of the data but have not installed the executables yet.

James Sherwood wrote:

I am trying to transfer a database from one linux box to another, both

using

redhat.

On one I performed a mysqldump and it worked fine.

On the other I created the database using a manager and tried the 'mysql
username password database < filename.sql' command

The problem is, I cannot seem to get the box to see the mysql.

I found it in init.d

I have root access

I keep getting 'command not found'.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated