simple answer is transactions. until you issue a commit, or otherwise specify extra settings in your SQL syntax, other connections do not see your data.

Jose Antonio wrote:
Hi!

I am experiencing something weird using MySQL 4.1.8 with InnoDB tables.
I have an application, let's call it A, that is monitoring the data that is available in the database. The data is inserted in the database by a different application, let's call it B. The problem is the following:
A starts a connection with MySQL and all the data inserted until the connection time is available; however, the data that is inserted by B while A is running is not visible to A. If A is re-started all the data that was inserted by B is now available.

A is a plotting program and B is a data importer process.

Any clue on what may be going wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Jose.

--
Jeff Mathis, Ph.D.                      505-955-1434
Prediction Company                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]