Hi Lotte,

MySQL's dual License policu is very simple. If you use the GPL license
than you have to show the source code (modified or not), and include the
Copyright info when passing the code on.

If you dont want to do this (or in other words if you want to keep your
modifications hidden) than you need a commercial license.

So if you use mysql within your commercial product and sell it as a
package and want to hide how/if you modified or improved the mysql source
code than you will need the commercial license. Does that make sense ?

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo / Japan