Ben,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Kutsch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:55 AM
Subject: innodb error 995

Hi I'm running version MySQL 4.0.20a-debug
windows server 2003
on a dedicated database server with an external SCSI RAID array with a
1 TB of disk space  (over 400 GIG free)

1 gig of RAM

basic settings
key buffer 512 MB
sort Buffer 32 Mb

innof db
Buffer Pool Size 512 MB

my innodb datafile is about 200 gig is size and I have 6 innodb
databses. 3 are very large 40+ gigs with about 800 million records.
The other 3 are very small few MB is size. Every two weeks I rebuild
one of the large db and use the other 2 as backups.
This configuration as worked fine for the last 2 months.

I was in the process of rebuilding one of the large databases when I
got the following error.

050214 16:46:56  InnoDB: Operating system error number 995 in a file
operation.
InnoDB: See http://www.innodb.com/ibman.php for installation help.
InnoDB: See section 13.2 at http://www.innodb.com/ibman.php
InnoDB: about operating system error numbers.
InnoDB: File name .\ibdata1
InnoDB: File operation call: 'Windows aio'.
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.

after restarting mysql, innodb rolled back my tables in the db that
crashed and the rest of my data seems fine.

I have googled around and there seems to be some info that this errors is some kind windows driver. Is there any more info regarding this error?

a few users have reported this Windows error. I believe it is a bug in Windows.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/debug/base/system_error_codes__500-999_.asp
"
ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED
995 The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/base/readfileex.asp
"
The ReadFileEx function may fail if there are too many outstanding asynchronous I/O requests. In the event of such a failure, GetLastError can return ERROR_INVALID_USER_BUFFER or ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY.

To cancel all pending asynchronous I/O operations, use the CancelIo function. This function only cancels operations issued by the calling thread for the specified file handle. I/O operations that are canceled complete with the error ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED.
"

But InnoDB does not call CancelIo.

Do you happen to have a Microsoft support contract? You could report this to Microsoft.

Any help would be useful.

Thank you

-Ben

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------
Ben Kutsch Developer
Suite 304, 121 South 13th ST Dept. of Computer Science and Eng.
phone: (402) 472-2340 University of Nebraska-Lincoln
fax: (402) 472-3135 Lincoln NE 68588-0115
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://nadss.unl.edu

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL Network from http://www.mysql.com/network/