Hi list,

I've just been wondering if the length parameter of a VARCHAR column has
any effect on storage efficiency or space requirements. Afaik, VARCHAR
columns only store the amount of data actually written into them and
require no significantly more memory. So to be especially flexible with
a particular table column, could I just define it VARCHAR(255) and face
no further disadvantage of it?

Thanks for the info...

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Unclassified NewsBoard Forum --> newsboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)