Xristos Karvouneas wrote:

Dear All,

I am faced with the following problem: I have got three tables - book,author and authorbook - containing information about books and authors (some books have multiple authors). I want to do a query that would print information like:

Title 1     Author 1
             Author 2

Title 2    Author 3
            Author 4

I have written the following:

select distinct title, name
from authorbook,book,author where
authorbook.authorid=author.authorid and
book.bookid=authorbook.bookid;

You want to add: ORDER BY title,name;

You probably are getting them all, but not in the order you expect.

hoping that it will do what I want, but I am only getting the first author for each book (probably because of the distinct keyword).

Is there any way I can modify the query so that it does what I want it to do?

Thanks in advance.

George