On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:28:56 -0800, bruce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> we're trying to install mysql/mysql-server (4.1.10a-1.i386) and are running
> into some serious problems. we had mysql/server (3.23.52-3.i386) running,
> but needed to go to the higher version...

I was about to attempt the same thing. My thinking was to grab the
mysql src.rpm from Fedora Core 4 test 1 and rebuild it on FC3:

rpmbuild --rebuild mysql.......src.rpm

Please try that and see how it goes.

> also, this has to be running with apache/php/perl/etc...

My feeling is that apache does not need to be rebuilt.
PHP certainly does, from src.rpm, after the new mysql is installed
(including mysql-devel). I am not sure whether it would just work to
grab the PHP src.rpm from FC3 updates and rebuild it on top of the new
mysql, or get the PHP src.rpm from FC4-test and rebuild.
Perl is in the same situation, but it's probably even more complex.

If i were you, i would probably post on the fedora-test mailing list
and ask the same question.

Anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/