> Please check the manual both about common problems and how to post
> problems in list. This error can depend on which MySQL version you
> installed. Is it RPM, binary or source installation? Check the manual
> again....

I'm very sorry for take a noice to mailing list... but I try it!
i try also with safe_mysqld and some other command but it dont work!
For the version should be ritht :  It was istalled by RedHat (last version!)
I need mysql for thesis and I have to develop a free software...
so sorry if I make noice but I hope my work will be userfull for somebody of
you in the future.
Mario.