On Jul 6, 2005, at 10:26 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm not a Mac guru but what you describe sounds like file system corruption. Can you do a diagnostic scan of your hard drives looking for bad sectors? You can move your data to another portion of the disk if you run an ALTER TABLE to make some trivial change. ALTER TABLE will create a new copy of the table somewhere else on the disk (applying your change) and drops the old table when it's through.

I've tried both of these.

The way you describe your system, it almost sounds as though you have physically shared the same files between all of your server. Doing that could cause the corruption you describe. Each server requires its OWN sets of files. Are there ANY other processes that may be attempting to directly write to your database files? Your data files should be protected and isolated from other user-type files and direct contact from any other process but your MySQL server.

Nope... they each have their own files.  Nothing else is touching them.

Another option may be to rebuild your databases by first dumping your data, removing and reinstalling your servers, then reloading your data (one at a time, of course). I would save that as an option of last resort.

I think that's where I am heading.

Dan T