Paul DuBois wrote:

At 16:27 -0400 8/12/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This is a big issue. Will this be the same in version 5? Or will the SRIDs actually be used? I would like to just represent everything in lat/lon, not on a planar surface. Now, if the SRIDs are used in MySql 5, where is the list of acceptable values?

As far as I know, it's the same in MySQL 5.

Thanks Paul.

Is there any one out there using MySql for any serious GIS applications? If you are, I would like to know what types of things have you done with it?

Also, could you please respond and tell how you address the issue of calculations in a planar space (such as Distance(point, point) ) for example?

--
http://www.douglassdavis.com