Hi,

I am running MySQL 4.0.13-nt-log on Windowns XP and I
need help on the following:

1) I have written a program in vc++ 6 which writes
data to a mysql table; it runs and even make some
entries into the table (about 10 per half-day), but
after some time (18 hours or less) mysql disconnects;
any attempts to reconnect are unsuccessful; when I
restart the computer, mysql starts fine. What could
the problem? Is it to do with my program or mysql
itself?

2) How do I find out when mysql stopped and the cause?
where can I find the log file if there is?

Thanks.

Emmanuel