thanks to Warren for his comment on the examples...

i modified my code trying to get rigth result, but still no luck. doing a
deeper research on comparing the data stored into the database and the data
stored in the wav file at the same time, i notice that there is a character
that is not properly represented, in fact, is not represented at all! this
character is: \ (backslash). it is never written in the database, resulting
on the missmatch of the sizes of the data (wavfile=176684 bytes,
database=14181 bytes) i don't know how a simple character can create such a
difference in the sizes! :S

i was wondering if this problem may be related with the null endind problem
suggested earlier by Warren. am i rigth? does anybody have any
suggestions???

as you can see, i really need some help, and would be thankfull for any
reply...

karima