Alejandro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/16/2005 03:01:59 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed binary mysql version 3.23.58 downloaded from
www.mysql.org.
> In changelog from the documentation say that the release is from
> september 2003 and the security bug is in March 2005.
> What can I do ? How mysql provide updates?
> Thanks!!
>
> =========
> Security info:
> http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CAN-2005-0709
> http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CAN-2005-0710
> http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CAN-2005-0711

MySQL has moved WELL past the 3.23.x lineage and is getting close to
retiring the 4.0.x lineage (it's only a rumor). So I suggest you update
your installation, paying attention to all of the version-to-version
gotchas listed here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/upgrade.html

There is little to no activity in support of the 3.23.x version of MySQL.
Is there a "VERY GOOD" reason why you cannot or do not want to upgrade?

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine