Interesting thought. I just tried it with 9999 and even 999 - same error! I'm sure that 999 records is not too large for MySQL... :) :)

On Nov 7, 2005, at 4:52 PM, Joseph Cochran wrote:

The quoted line is 999999 but you're using 99999999, which I presume is too big for the system to recognize as a valid number. Try the smaller number and see if that works. That's a big problem with a solution like this: you are hardcoding a number into the system. For a sufficiently large dataset, you will not actually delete everything (it's not insurmountable -- you can always run the statement over and over until no rows are affected, for example).

DELETE FROM table
WHERE field='somevalue'
ORDER BY timestamp DESC
LIMIT 100,99999999;