Hi,

> can i use a (win) gui mysql client, if i have
> a firewall installed between my intranet and
> mysql server. how?

You should have no trouble, so long as your firewall allows port 3306
through. Also, if your firewall performs Network Address Translation (NAT)
then you'll need to make sure that the access privileges on your MySQL
server allow you to connect from the IP of the firewall.

Other than that, there is nothing else you need to do.

Regards,