On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 10:57:51AM -0600, Joseph Chow wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> I have a question about the "tee" command in MySQL.  I know one of its applications
>is to log everything from the screen to the outfile for debugging purpose.  But how
>do I redirect output ONLY to outfile instead of both standard output (screen) and
>outfile.  Because I donot want to see millions of lines scolled down on the screen
>when I access to a huge database, but I still want to debug through looking at the
>content of the db.  I wish I make myself clearly.
>
> Please reply to me directly, because I am not on the mailing list yet.

tee is for interactive use, so you'll always see the output if you use
it.  You probably want to tell mysql to execute queries from a script
and save the output in another file:

        % mysql database_name < inputfile > outputfile

Batch mode changes the default output format to tab-delimited, though.
If you want tabular (table-format) output, use the -t option as well:

        % mysql -t database_name < inputfile > outputfile