Hi,

   Using this script, you can see the problem.
   I want to receive only the records with string 'I am the first'
   The select will return one record with string 'I am the second'

   please, send me any suggestion or bug-fix.

   Rodrigo
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---

create database tabx;
use tabx;
create table abc (ID integer, field1 integer, field2 varchar(30));

insert into abc (ID, field1, field2) values (1, 1, 'I am the first');
insert into abc (ID, field1, field2) values (2, 1, 'I am the second');
insert into abc (ID, field1, field2) values (3, 2, 'I am the first');
insert into abc (ID, field1, field2) values (4, 2, 'I am the second');

insert into abc (ID, field1, field2) values (6, 3, 'I am the second');
insert into abc (ID, field1, field2) values (5, 3, 'I am the first');

select * from abc group by field1;