From: Rhino [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 12:18 PM
To: mysql; asus77x
Subject: Re: select command

You should not contact people on the MySQL list offline; all communication
should be via the list so that everyone can benefit from the discussion.

As I said earlier, your WHERE clause does not make sense the way you
expressed it in your first email. I explained how it should look in my first

reply.

It is possible to have the table name be a variable in the query. However,
this requires something that MySQL calls "prepared statements", also called
"dynamic SQL" in some databases. You can find out how to work with prepared
statements in the MySQL manual; just search on "prepared statement". You
probably need Version 4.1.x in order to use prepared statements but you
should check that in the manual to be sure.

Rhino