On Saturday 24 December 2005 1:05 pm, James Lumb wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to mySQL and have mac OS X. Please could any other Mac users or
> anyone for that matter tell me the best way of connecting to a mySQL
> database?
> Should I use terminal or a program like PHPmyAdmin?
>
> Cheers,
> James

James,
This is just coming from a person who's used MySQL from the commandline,
phpMyAdmin, and even from OpenOffice.  There's no one right way to access
MySQL.  Generally speaking, I use the command line for a multiple correction,
i.e. if I have to fix a syntax difference on a non-normalized table, or for
testing.  I use phpMyAdmin for administration purposes (new users and so
forth), and OpenOffice for actual data entry.  You'll find that is the beauty
of MySQL.  There are hundreds of ways to access data, and each one has its
ups and downs.