Hello.

Changes to global privileges and passwords take effect the next time the
client connects. So, if your application doesn't reconnect you can
safely change password. Another possibility is to directly modify grant
tables, and perform FLUSH PRIVILEGES just before your application restarts.

       <___/   www.mysql.com