[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 02/21/2006 11:20:36 AM:

> Is there such a thing in mySQL ?
> I could not find anything anywhere.
>
> thanks,
> laszlo

Short answer: No

Long answer:  MySQL has VIEWS but they are non-parameterized and
non-persistent. MySQL also has FUNCTIONS and STORED PROCEDURES, both of
them take parameters but are not exactly views.

There have been suggestions to make parameterized views and persistent
views but I am not sure where those projects are on the TODO lists (I have
had to cut back on my list time and haven't been able to lurk the
"commits" list like I had been so I am a few weeks out of date as far as
current project statuses.)

Sorry but you will probably need to make a SPROC work for what you need.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine