In fact, no time values in MySQL are fractional (yet). All times are
stored to the nearest second regardless of which date-time-like storage
type you use. They way Rhino phrased his answer, it sounded as though
TIMSTAMP would save fractional seconds. It doesn't. He is spot on about
needing a separate column to store any values that represent fractions of
seconds.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

"Rhino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03/02/2006 01:25:36 PM:

> If you need a broader range of dates, you could use DATETIME instead of
> TIMESTAMP: DATETIME can handle the range '1000-01-01 00:00:00' through
> '9999-12-31 23:59:59'. The only big difference is that DATETIME does not

> store the fractional part of the seconds, e.g.
> milliseconds/microseconds/nanonseconds. If you have to keep the
fractional
> part of the seconds, you could store them in a second column defined as
some
> kind of integer.
>
> --
> Rhino