--- "Duzenbury, Rich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

I couldn't find it with a quick trip through the docs but I seem to
remember that using a single period for your host name will force an
election to either use the socket or use the IP stack. I'm sorry but I
don't remember which way it forces the client to connect but I do know
it's only for local connections.

shell>mysql -uxxxx -p -h. -P3307

HTH!

Shawn Green