Ah, that's better. I learned how to use Terminal just the other day. I'll check
out the other programs you recommended, too. Thanks.

----- Original Message ----
From: Douglas Sims <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: David Blomstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Sent: Saturday, October 7, 2006 3:33:59 PM
Subject: Re: Moving Database from PC to Apple

Hi David

mysqldump is a command-line program which you can run through the
terminal window.  The "Terminal" application is in the "Utilities"
directory under the "Applications" directory.  The unix command-line
interface is amazingly useful; even though it may seem a bit
intimidating at first, it is well worth getting used to.  You will
probably want to drag the Terminal application down to the Dock so
you won't have to dig around for it every time.  (Or you can just
open the Spotlight window with Command-Space and then type "Terminal")

You can also do the same thing with a gui tool, the MySQL
administrator.  There are three programs in this suite and they are
all very nice (the newest one, the MySQL workbench, still crashes a
bit but I'm sure that will improve.)  You can download the gui tools
here: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html and then from
the MySQL Administrator program, choose "Backup".

Good luck.  I use a MacBook Pro for MySQL work also (mostly
developing things that will run on a linux server) and I have been
very pleased with it.

Douglas Sims
[EMAIL PROTECTED]