I run CHECK commands against all tables nightly.  Our dataset is
small, so it's quick & easy; for large and/or static datasets daily
might be impractical.  However, if you don't run CHECK regularly, you
don't know your data is good, and it's possible you might have
corruption for a long time before it's caught.  That could mean
corrupted backups, and if it goes on long enough, you might not have
any good backups at all.

I strongly recommend running CHECKs as often as practical.  It's not
just contributing to your peace of mind, it's verifying that your
database is performing properly.

Dan

On 10/26/06, Dan Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In the last episode (Oct 27), wolverine my said:
> Given the commands like ANALYZE, OPTIMIZE and CHECK, what is the
> preference order to execute these commands?

OPTIMIZE calculates statistics as it rebuilds the table, so there's no
need to run an ANALYZE pass after it.  You shouldn't ever need to run a
CHECK unless your OS or MySQL crashes often. in which case you should
be filing bug reports :)

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]