Glenn Kawesch

Dr. Kawesch is the surgical director of Kawesch Lasik--one of Southern
California's most experienced refractive surgery facilities. We have been
specializing in refractive surgery since 1989 and have completed
approximately 25,000 procedures.

Dr. Kawesch attended medical school at Northwestern University Medical
School in Chicago. He performed important research in Ophthalmology at the
world famous Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA. He performed his internship
at UCLA and his Ophthalmology at UC San Diego.

http://www.kaweschlaser.com/
http://www.kaweschlaser.com/
http://www.kaweschlaser.com/
http://www.kaweschlaser.com/

1-888-215-2020

Call today for more information!

San Diego Office
4520 Executive Drive
San Diego, CA 92121

Los Angeles Office
11600 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 120, Los Angeles, CA 90025

Dr Kawesch
Dr Glenn Kawesch
Glenn Kawesch
Glenn Kawesch Lasik
Lasik Kawesch
Kawesch Lasik Surgeon
Kawesch Eye Surgeon
Kawesch Laser Center

What Are The Goals Of Lasik Surgery?

The goal of LASIK is to reduce or eliminate your dependence on corrective
lenses. By improving the uncorrected vision in patients, LASIK allows
patients to go about their daily routine and enjoy life without the need for
corrective lenses.

How Does Lasik Treat Nearsightedness and Farsightedness?

Your eye is anesthetized with eye drops (injections are not necessary). We
then use a precise motorized instrument called a microkeratome to create a
hinged flap of tissue on the center of the cornea. This flap of tissue is
lifted back and the excimer laser is used to sculpt a new flatter surface
under this flap. For farsightedness, the laser sculpts a new steeper
surface. The flap is then replaced and adheres without requiring any
stitches. People sit up from their procedure and can see better immediately.

What is No-Cut Lasik?

At Custom Laser Center, we're happy to also offer Epi-LASIK, the no-cut
LASIK eye surgery procedure. The difference between LASIK and Epi-LASIK is
that Epi-LASIK involves no blades or alcohol in the procedure. Epi-LASIK is
a less abrasive procedure that many find preferable to traditional LASIK eye
surgery.

With Epi-LASIK eye surgery, available at our Los Angeles and San Diego
offices, a doctor can significantly reduce recovery time. Epi-LASIK is
especially recommended for those who have extremely sensitive eyes and are
concerned with the effects of putting alcohol on their eyes, or having an
incision made.

Another benefit of Epi-LASIK is that it's an outpatient procedure. Since we
numb your eyes with anesthetic drops, there will be no pain, no needles, and
no injections. Epi-LASIK takes only seconds, and you'll be able to see right
away.

What is Wavefront, or Custom Lasik?

Corneas are like fingerprints, just as unique and intricate. They have
lumps, bumps, ridges and grooves. These shapes create distortions that can't
be treated with glasses or contacts. Even some standard LASIK treatments can
only correct so much. That's why Custom Laser Center employs a device called
a Wavefront Analyzer, which sends multiple parallel beams of light into the
eye. These beams get distorted as they bounce through the cornea, off the
retina, and back again. These distortions are registered by the analyzer and
used to direct the laser specifically to those areas causing them. These
distortions are then targeted and corrected, frequently resulting in better
than 20/20 vision.

To learn more about the latest in refractive surgery and LASIK eye surgery,
contact our San Diego or Los Angeles office to schedule your free
consultation. Simply click on the link to the right, or call our staff at
888-215-2020.

Find out instantly if you qualify for our amazing LASIK financing options.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

1-888-215-2020