Karl Larsen wrote:
I am using Red Hat Fedora Core 4 and I wanted to yum mysql version 5 of any other and find with Core 4 I can yum only mysql version 4.

I imagine Core 5 might be able to yum mysql version 5 but not certain of that. Is there a way I can yum the later version? I studied the man for yum but could not see a way to do that.

Fedora Core 4 doesn't include MySQL 5, which is why yum will not pick it up

If you set yum to use a Fedora Core 5 repository, you can download MySQL 5 from there.

You might also consider upgrading to Fedora Core 6, which is what is currently released

--
Colin Charles, Community Engineer
MySQL AB, Melbourne, Australia, www.mysql.com

MySQL Forge: http://forge.mysql.com/