Hello,
thanks again to ViSolve DB Team.

so, it turns out that for MySQL4.1, il will have to built a sql file, built with script (shell or perl). [ note that so far I use MySQL 4.1 on production server, and I only test features on MySQL 5 on an other machine linux Debian].

at last, my LAST QUESTION concerns column "Comment"

In MySQL 5, I can do  :
mysql> select column_name,COLUMN_COMMENT from information_schema.columns
       where table_schema="a_base" and table_name='a_tab';

in MySQL 4.1 , the "equivalent" would be :
mysql> select distinct Column_name from columns_priv
       where Db='a_base' and Table_name='a_tab';

AND THERE IS NO COMMENT.

but, from the page :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/charset-show.html
it seems that one could use "Comment"

mysql> SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM a_tab;
displays :
Field | Type | Collation | Null | Key | Default | Extra | Privileges | Comment |

I cannot find how to set these "Comment" ?

An idea ?

thanks.

-Gilles-