Yves Goergen wrote:
On 14.02.2007 08:00 CE(S)T, Colin Charles wrote:
The MySQL 5.0 release is available as a binary and is currently at 5.0.27. Grab it at: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#downloads

I read in the news some time ago that MySQL 5.0 is only going to be
available as source version in the future, which it currently looks
like. (Can't currently find that news.) But a more important fact is
that the MySQL pre-built binary doesn't work correctly on my machine,
anything that links to the mysqlclient crashes when using SSL. Since I
build MySQL from source, that's gone.

Yes, so the idea behind this is one release source only, one release source + binary, one release source only, one release source + binary. Frequency should be similar to previous releases, so currently, 5.0.27 is in binary, 5.0.33 is in source only, and 5.0.35 will have both binaries and sources

Regarding the SSL bug, can you please file a bug at bugs.mysql.com?

MySQL server is version 5.0.33, OS is Debian Linux 3.1, previous MySQL
version was 5.0.17, installed from the binary release.
Whats wrong with using the version via apt-get? Debian has very sensible packaging, and its currently at version 5.0.32 afaik

Not quite... I can choose from 4.0.24 and 4.1.11a. While 4.0 seems to be
unsupported by MySQL AB for a while.

Thats true, we've dropped support for 4.0 since end-2006. I believe the roadmap does say 4.1 will be dropped in due time too

--
Colin Charles, Community Engineer
MySQL AB, Melbourne, Australia, www.mysql.com

MySQL Forge: http://forge.mysql.com/