NTP won't solve this problem for you.

NTP, as well as most computer clocks, know nothing about daylight savings
time, or about time zones.  What they know is how many seconds have elapsed
since "the epoch".  The epoch, in the case of most UNIX-based OSes, is
midnight January 1, 1970.  I think Windows is the same.  The original Mac OS
was 1/1/1904, for example.

It's up to the operating system to apply rules that determine that X number
of seconds (as reported by the clock hardware) since the epoch translates to
some human time, based on local settings for time zone and with any daylight
savings time rules for that time zone applied.

My understanding is that MySQL needs no patch, but your underlying OS most
likely does.  I know there have been patches issued for Solaris 2.x, 9 and
10, Windows XP, and Mac OS X 10.4, and almost certainly others.

HTH,
Dan

On 2/20/07, Chris White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sun, Jennifer wrote:
> Any answers for the question below ?
>
> Is there a DST patch for MySql 4.0.20?   Thanks.

If you're using NTP then what's the problem?  Sync to one of the ntp
pools, boom your clocks are updated, MySQL uses system time and yay.
I'm fairly sure you could sync 500 server this way.