On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 03:05:54PM +0530, abhishek jain wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> I have been developing one application over Windows and now i want to
> move/port that into linux, i want to know will the casing of the table name
> matter on linux ie if i have table name as tab1 and i execute query like
> select * from TAb1 ,will it make an effect.
> I have found that this is not a problem on windows but it is on linux, i
> want a sol. for that a i can not change all the table names as in some
> places it is in small case and in other places it is in capital case.
> Pl. help me,

Hi,

Windows is by the way not case sensitive, Linux/Unix is always case
sensitive. The MySQL tables are files in filesystem in restrictions
for the os you use. It is better, maybe for portable code, to use
general uppercase or lowercase names for tables.

Greetings
Mario

| havelsoft.com - Ihr Service Partner für Open Source |
| Tel:  033876-21 966                                 |
| Notruf: 0173-277 33 60                              |
| http://www.havelsoft.com                            |
| Inhaber: Mario Günterberg                           |
| Mützlitzer Strasse 19                               |
| 14715 Märkisch Luch                                 |