Can you post your table definitions and some sample data.

Also what is the end requirement - how should the end result look like?

Anoop

On 4/23/07, Clyde Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Guys,

I have the following table that contains some information about a
cars. I'm trying to write a query to determine:
the number of make(name of car), number of models per make(name of
car) and the average number of models/make(name of car) sold in a
particular period.

The two queries below can provide me with what I need, but am stumped
on how to combine the results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

table name cars:
columns:
make
model
sold_date

select make,count(make) from cars where make in(Nissan, Toyota,
Honda) group by make

select model,count(model) from cars where make in(Nissan, Toyota,
Honda) group by model