Hi,

If one installs a newer version of mysql over the top of a current
version (in my case this will be done from the FreeBSD ports
collection), will the current tables and data remain intact?

If not OR if a worry, is there a single command using mysqldump to dump
everything in one go, knowing that it will all go back intact?

OR

Shall I just copy the folders containing the data to a backup folder,
install newer version, if the tables get wiped, then do a filecopy back
to the correct folder (while mysql server is down)?

M.
--
Work:- postmasterAThinwick.demon.co.uk  WEB:- http://www.hinwick.demon.co.uk
Work:- mworsdallATshaftesburysoc.org.uk REPLACE AT with @