This works fine from VB6. Install the MyODBC driver (get it from the
MySQL web site), then set up a datasource just as you usually would.

Ideally, you won't have to change any of your VB code - just bind the
ADO/DAO controls to the MySQL datasource rather than the Access
datasource.

Note that depending on your application, you may have to select
different options in the MyODBC datasource configuration. On my box
(Win2k SP2, MySQL 3.23.36) I got some irritating runtime errors with ADO
controls until I checked "Return Matching Rows" and "Change BIGINT
Columns To INT".

Ben