Hi,

CA Lists wrote:
Hi Joseph,

Joseph Koenig wrote:
Hi,

I'm running MySQL 5.0.27-standard-log on RHEL 4. After install, I moved the
data directory of MySQL. I updated everything that SELinux complained about,
etc., and have a functional install of MySQL. It's actually been up and
running with no issues for months. However, every time I run a mysqldump, I
get:

mysqldump: Got error: 1017: Can't find file: 'general_log' (errno: 2) when
using LOCK TABLES
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'show create table `general_log`': Can't find
file: 'general_log' (errno: 2) (1017)
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'show create table `slow_log`': Can't find file:
'slow_log' (errno: 2) (1017)

My dump proceeds and just spits these errors out to me. From what I can
tell, no harm is done, as the dump is full and is perfectly usable for
restoring databases from. However, it's driving me nuts. Is there any way to
create the necessary tables now so that MySQL does actually start logging
everything they way it should be able to and also will make these errors go
away? Thanks in advance,
It's a hard to tell from this description what is the matter.  Can you connect
via mysql and run "SHOW CREATE TABLE slow_log" without errors? If so, what storage engine do they use? It sounds to me like they might be using the CSV storage engine and the file isn't there. Error 2 is 'OS error code 2: No such file or directory' according to perror.

You probably don't want to mysqldump a big CSV file of your general log, at
least not if you're using this for backups (but maybe you do, I don't know).

In short, you might want to DROP the tables instead of creating them.

Baron

Thanks for the reply. I went and checked a few things and in my data dir,
there is a mysql.log file that is actively logging any mysql activity. In
data dir/mysql there is a general_log.CSM, general_log.CSV, general_log.frm,
and the same goes for slow_log. However, the .CSV files are empty. Based on
this, any additional thoughts for me?

What is the output of SHOW CREATE TABLE?

Baron