On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 04:33:04PM -0500, Héctor S. Mendoza O. wrote:
> The problem persists, with /usr/bin/mysql or with a php application, same
> sympthoms

> > On the local host (where the mysqld resides) I do the same command and get
> > “ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'web19_u1'@'db1.intranet'
> (using
> > password: YES)”. If I change this to –hlocalhost I can login correctly.

Change the host entry to db1.intranet in your user table for the user
web19_u1. I had the same problem on my mysql machine.
I changed the host entry to the full qualified hostname and that was fine.

Don't forget to flush the privileges ;-)

Greetings
Mario

| havelsoft.com - Ihr Service Partner für Open Source |
| Tel:  033876-21 966                                 |
| Notruf: 0173-277 33 60                              |
| http://www.havelsoft.com                            |
| Inhaber: Mario Günterberg                           |
| Mützlitzer Strasse 19                               |
| 14715 Märkisch Luch                                 |