Roberto de Martin Serqueira writes:
> Hi
>
> I'm forwarding you the attached file MYSQL_3.23.38_FIXES.ZIP which contains files
>with some minor improvements
> and fixes done by me, updated to MySQL version 3.23.38, and presenting the following:
>
> - Directory \LIBMYSQL:
>
>     - file ERRMSG.C: included section of code with client error messages translated
>also to Portuguese idiom
>     (only German and English before), being controlled by the definition or not of
>keyword PORTUGUESE
>     in files GLOBAL.H or MY_GLOBAL.H . The default idiom remains English, of course.
>
>     - file LIBMYSQL.DEF: added exportation statements for functions
>mysql_change_user, mysql_character_set_name
>      and mysql_real_escape_string, which were missing and so not present in
>LIBMYSQL.DLL. The list of exportations
>       of MySQL functions was also ordered alphabetically in that file for easy
>visual localization.
>
> - Directory \SHARE\PORTUGUESE:
>
>     - files ERRMSG.TXT and ERRMSG.SYS: all translations of error messages to
>Portuguese idiom were revised,
>       completed and/or improved and are tracking now exactly the current English
>version (several string length formats
>       were old).
>

> --------------------  Notes for correction of MySQL HELP FILES  v.3.23.38
>--------------------
>

> - The descriptions of use of MySQL API functions mysql_odbc_escape_string,
>mysql_refresh  and
>   mysql_thread_safe (not mysql_thread_save, as referenced wrongly somewhere else in
>help file) are missing.
>
> - The description of MySQL API function mysql_fetch_row presents the following
>prototype:
>   MYSQL_ROW   mysql_fetch_row(MYSQL_RES *result), but the correct one is
>   MYSQL_ROW * mysql_fetch_row(MYSQL_RES *result) (missing pointer indication in
>returned result)
>
> - There is no indication in description of MySQL API function mysql_reload, that it
>is pertinent only to
>   MySQL C API but that it doesn't exist in MySQL API provided by LIBMYSQL.DLL (but
>could be implemented by
>   function mysql_refresh and the corresponding GRANT parameter).
>
> I hope these fixes and observations can be of some value to improve even more the
>excellent MySQL Project.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roberto de Martin Serqueira

Hi!

Mailing list manager has stripped your attachments.

Please make a single zip file and upload it to:

ftp://support.mysql.com:/pub/mysql/Incoming

and let us know a file name.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team