The reason I asked about version is that it looks like there is problem replcating a load data infile command from some versions of 4.x to 5.x slaves.

Baron Schwartz wrote:
What do you mean by "falls out of sync?"

LOAD DATA INFILE hasn't been a problem for me, and I use it a LOT.
It's so simple that I suspect something else.  But then again, I don't
know what you mean by "out of sync" :)