> I have only had a quick look over this and already have a question for the
> simple example you've provided.  How are you determining the last value
> entered before entering the new value?  The only way I see you of
> effectively accomplishing this is through the use of a datetime column.  Or
> am I missing something?

Wait wait wait! I see what you mean. What I'm seeing as a loop (rows upon
rows of data from the database) is a single query to MySQL. So it's fist
selecting, then calculating my variable, then sorting. And in sorting, I see
"wrong" values for my "is different from the previous" pseudo field.

Glact.

Is there anything I can do to get the functionality I'm after in any other
way? I seem to remember there's a "having" clause which gets computed in the
end?

L.A.