Yves

>Is there some way to get only the headlines ...

For brief discussion & some examples see 'The [Not] Exists query pattern' at http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/queries.php.

PB

Yves Goergen wrote:
On 11.02.2008 19:51 CE(S)T, Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Feb 10, 2008 5:30 PM, Yves Goergen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My problem is that the sub-select in line 7 ("SELECT 1") takes a rather
long time. (When I remove it, it's much faster.)

This is a known issue with EXISTS/NOT EXISTS subqueries in MySQL,
which has some fixes slated for MySQL 6.  In the meantime, there are
ways to rewrite most of these queries using JOIN/LEFT JOIN.  Read some
of the articles on http://xaprb.com/ about subqueries for a more
detailed explanation and examples of rewrites.

Thank you for the link. Is there some way to get only the headlines and a summary for all entries? Reading through the entire contents by month and finding the misleading captions is hard work for such masses of content. The search function didn't give me the desired results.