Greetings List,

We have a medium-large size database application which we are trying to optimize and I have a few questions.

Server Specs
1 Dual Core 2.6 Ghz
2GB Ram

Database Specs
51 Tables
Min 100000 rows, Max 1000000 rows
Total size approx 2GB

My.cnf
[mysqld]
set-variable=local-infile=0
log-slow-queries=slow-queries.log
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
old_passwords=1
key_buffer = 512M
max_allowed_packet=4M
sort_buffer_size = 512M
read_buffer_size = 512M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 256M
record_buffer = 256M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 512M
thread_cache = 128
query_cache_limit = 1M
query_cache_type = 1
query_cache_size = 32M
join_buffer = 512M
table_cache = 512

We are having trouble with certain queries which are returning anywhere from 100000 - 300000 rows. Total query time is taking approx 1 - 2 mins depending on load. Is there anything in our conf file which could improve our performance? Are there any hardware recommendations that could help us improve the speed? Would more memory help us? Any comments or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

Jim Leavitt
Developer
Treefrog Interactive Inc. (www.treefrog.ca)