From: Tom Horstmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 11:15 PM
To: 'Josh Miller'
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: RE: innodb/myisam performance issues

> The rows in this table are accessed concurrently as any activity on the
> site is recorded/added/updated to this table.  We have several others
> which serve similar purposes, (sessions, totaltraffic, etc...).

Is the performance lag occurring with read-only queries and updates/inserts
to the InnoDB table?
Is the table mostly read or more written?

You could set innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=2 if you may loose the latest
InnoDB
writes in case of a MySQL crash. It should give you much less IO for writes
on your
InnoDB tables.
Please see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/innodb-parameters.html for
detailed description.

Please also read about innodb_flush_method at this site and possibly try
other settings.

TomH