SCSI isn't necessarily faster now. The big difference used to be
SCSI's support for command queueing, which is why it was faster in
multi-user environments. Command queueing is now fairly common in SATA
drives.
The highest end SCSI is probably still faster than the highest end
SATA, but you will have less disk space and it will cost much more.
I would recommend using one of the "RAID in a box" solution. They have
big caches for the whole RAID and they are optimized to the
controllers. If money isn't really an issue, you may look into
something like NetApp. That would have everything you need.

Brent Baisley