Hi,

Not that I am aware of. I'm just running a standard out of the box 9.10 Ubuntu, upgraded from 9.04. Note that when I'm using /tmp/mysql or /tmp as tmpdir, at least InnoDB starts up, but then I still get the strange "temp file operation failed" message instead of the constraint when I try to do a delete of a record which would violate a constraint.

So it seems there are at least 2 problems:
1) tmpfs refuses to work for me
2) even on a working tmpdir, temp file creations fails in some cases

I'm thinking of doing a reinstall of my system (back to 9.04, why o why did I have to upgrade in the first place).

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Johnny Withers wrote:
Are you running selinux?