So... I'm trying to export a fairly large database (~10 GB). I've done it
dozens of times before, using scripts on a regular basis. Now, the database is
growing, and lately, every dump file produced has problems. When I try to run
"mysql -u root -p < dump_file.sql", MySQL will fail and return an error --
always different with each dump_file. A few recent examples (of dump files
produced on different days):

ERROR 1300 (HY000) at line 426: Invalid utf8 character string: '?03422'
ERROR 1136 (21S01) at line 6300: Column count doesn't match value count at row
6253
ERROR 1136 (21S01) at line 7493: Column count doesn't match value count at row
7645

When I examine the original database at the places that, in the dump file,
there is a problem, the master data is fine. So, what can I try? I've posted an
earlier version of this problem, and there were some good ideas, but none of
them apply or have helped in my case. I increased max_allowed_packet to 256MB.
I've run mysqldump on the server itself, as well as from a machine on the local
network. I've exported across the network over TCP/IP and over AFP. Nothing
works -- I always get an error in the mysql dump file.

On the other hand, if run mysqldump on other, much smaller databases on the
same server, the dump file imports fine into other MySQL instances.

Ideas? Anyone, anyone? Bueller??

...Rene