MySQL University: Optimizing Queries with EXPLAIN
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Optimizing_Queries_with_Explain

This Thursday (February 4th, 14:00 UTC), Morgan Tocker will talk about
Optimizing Queries with Explain. Morgan was a technical instructor at
MySQL and works for Percona today.

For MySQL University sessions, point your browser to this page:

http://webmeeting.dimdim.com/portal/JoinForm.action?confKey=mysqluniversity

You need a browser with a working Flash plugin. You may register for a
Dimdim account, but you don't have to. (Dimdim is the conferencing
system we're using for MySQL University sessions. It provides integrated
voice streaming, chat, whiteboard, session recording, and more.)

MySQL University is a free educational online program for
engineers/developers. MySQL University sessions are open to anyone, not
just Sun employees. Sessions are recorded (slides and audio), so if you
can't attend the live session you can look at the recording anytime
after the session.

Here's the schedule for the upcoming weeks:

Here's the tentative list of upcoming sessions:

    * February 11: MySQL Galera - Multi-Master Replication (Seppo
                   Jaakola & Alex Yurchenko)
    * February 18: Performance Schema: Instrumenting Code (Marc Alff)
    * February 25: Securich - Security Plugin for MySQL (Darren Cassar)
    * March  4: MySQL Column Databases (Robin Schumacher)
    * March 11: Improving MySQL Full-Text Search (Kristofer Pettersson)

By the way, did I mention that we need more speakers to fill up the 2010
schedule? If you'd like to be a speaker, have a look at this blog post:
http://blogs.sun.com/mysqlf/entry/mysql_university_speakers_wanted1

Cheers,

Stefan
--
Stefan Hinz <stefan.h...@sun.com>, Documentation Manager MySQL

Phone: +49-30-82702940, Fax: +49-30-82702941, http://dev.mysql.com/doc
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels