On 22.02.2010 13:04, Jesper Wisborg Krogh wrote:
On 22/02/2010, at 9:20 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

When I try to dump a database which contains views, mysqldump crashes:

# mysqldump -u root --opt --password=secret database > dump.sql
*** stack smashing detected ***: mysqldump terminated
Aborted
#

I use MySQL 5.0.89-0.glibc23 binaries from MySQL website.

Is it a known problem? Are there any solutions to it?

I have seen the exact same issue on some (but not all) installations if
the view has been declared wrong, e.g. referencing a non-existing
column. A SHOW CREATE VIEW ... has been enough in those cases to cause
the crash.

Hmm, I updated to 5.0.90, and it works fine now (mysqldump doesn't crash).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org