An example how to delete a foreign key from an InnoDB table:

test> CREATE TABLE table_1 (id int unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment PRIMARY KEY) ENGINE=InnoDB;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.56 sec)

test> CREATE TABLE table_2 (table1_id int unsigned NOT NULL, FOREIGN KEY (table1_id) REFERENCES table_1 (id)) ENGINE=InnoDB;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.11 sec)

test> SHOW CREATE TABLE table_2\G
       Table: table_2
Create Table: CREATE TABLE `table_2` (
  `table1_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  KEY `table1_id` (`table1_id`),
CONSTRAINT `table_2_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`table1_id`) REFERENCES `table_1` (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
1 row in set (0.47 sec)

test> ALTER TABLE table_2 DROP FOREIGN KEY table_2_ibfk_1;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.11 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

test> SHOW CREATE TABLE table_2\G
       Table: table_2